through meaningful worship, scriptural study, powerful prayer, and intentional discipleship.
through personal connection of meeting others where they are to demonstrate the love of Christ.
Serve the World
through the sharing of our unique gifts and talents in local and global ministries to spread the love of Christ.
Meet our wonderful and caring staff that makes it a joy to walk in the doors!
Buck has a heart for creating relevant experiences that bridge God to people. He has two major convictions:
1) God is the glue that holds relationships together, and
2) God answers prayer through presence and through people.
Buck was born in Temple, Texas. He is a graduate of Lon Morris College (A.A.), Texas Wesleyan University (B.S.) and St. Paul School of Theology (M.Div.). He has served in a variety of ministry settings including youth ministry, church planting, and serving as Circuit Minister in the British Methodist Church, in England. Buck met his wife, Colleen, while in college, and they were married in 1994. Colleen is a Physical Therapist.
Buck and Colleen have three children, Annie and Libby, and Benjamin.
Email Buck at: Buck@ChillicotheUMC.org
Student Ministry Leader
Dustin is a graduate of Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky, where he studied Christian Ministries and Secondary Social Studies Education. After finishing his undergraduate degree, Dustin served as the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries at the Aurora United Methodist Church in southwest Missouri before coming to Chillicothe in 2011 to work as our Student Ministry Leader. He is a lifelong Nebraska Cornhusker and Kansas City Royals fan, reader, and sports enthusiast.
Email Dustin at: DustinBuell@ChillicotheUMC.org
Children’s Ministry Leader
Myra is the Children’s Ministry Director at CUMC. She graduated from Harris Memorial College in the Philippines with a Bachelor’s degree in Christian Education. A commissioned Deaconess of the United Methodist Church in the Philippines, she came to United States in 2005 as an Ecumenical Exchange Student at Eden Theological Seminary in St. Louis through World Council of Churches. At Eden, Myra’s focus was Theological Studies. She has served the United Methodist Church in the Philippines and UMC-related organizations in the United States for 17 years. Myra is married to Jeff and blessed with two daughters, Lorraine Maria and Lucille Avery.
Email Myra at: MyraD@ChillicotheUMC.org
Lori Lyon is our Financial Secretary. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and was a Certified Public Accountant until moving to Chillicothe in 1999. Lori and her husband Wes became members of CUMC in 2005. They have two grown children, Taylor and Katie. Lori has been active with both the Finance Committee and Missions Committee since joining CUMC, as well participating in 10 mission trips to Montrouis, Haiti.
Email Lori at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer began working at the Chillicothe UMC as church secretary in November 2003. Jennifer is a graduate of the Grand River Technical School where she earned a Office Business Degree. Jennifer has lived in Chillicothe all of her life and has been a member of the Church of Christ since 1969. Jennifer is married to Gaylen. They have two sons, Greg and Scott, and two grandchildren, Austin and Emma Kate.
Email Jennifer at: JenniferP@ChillicotheUMC.org
CUMC Preschool C0-Director
Debbie Willard is Co-Director of the UMC Preschool. She has a BS in Elementary Education, a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Ed., and certification as a Library-Media Specialist. She recently retired from 30 years of teaching. Debbie and her husband, Phil have attended CUMC for 25 years together (and Phil grew up in this church as well!) They have two teenagers: Alexandria & Jack.
Email Debbie at email@example.com
CUMC Preschool Co-Director
Patricia Howard is the Co- Director. Patricia has a BS in Early Childhood/Elementary Education, a Masters in Early Childhood, and a Specialist in Administration. She taught 1st grade, Kindergarten, and Preschool for 29 years. Patricia is married to Paul. Patricia grew up attending CUMC. They are the parents of four children: Kellin (and wife Lalka), Konner, Hanna (and husband C.J.), and Sara.
Email Patricia at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CUMC Building Superintendent
Dale is a long time member of Chillicothe UMC and has served as our Building Superintendent since 2008. He and his wife Sherry have three grown children: LeDawn (Scott), Adam, & Andrew (Cherokee). They also have one grandson named Bentley.
Email Dale at: DaleThomas@ChillicotheUMC.org
Becca has been our housekeeper since April 2013. Becca moved here from Nebraska in November of 2011. She has three children in Nebraska and Iowa. Kimberly Sue, Carolyn Haack (Chris) and Jim who have blessed her with seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
Sara is the Director of our choir. She has a Music Education degree from Central Methodist University. She is also the band director for the Chillicothe School District. Sarah is married to Brad. She grew up attending CUMC. They are the parents of two children: Macy and Lauren.
Email Sarah at: email@example.com
Bell Choir/Praise Team Leader
Pam is a long time member of Chillicothe UMC and has served as our Praise Team Leader. She studied Chemistry at Missouri Western State University. She has retired from teaching. She and her Husband Gerry have three grown children: Brett (spouse Cori), Brooke(spouse Brandon) & Bradee. They also have three grandsons named Benson, Beckham and Oliver.
Email Pam at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Choir Director
Loving God. Loving People. Serving the World.
- We believe in and proclaim both the mystery that is God, whom we partly know and partly do not know, and the human need for communion with God.
- We believe in and proclaim the person of Jesus Christ who distinctively reveals the nature of God and the meaning and purpose of life, and who calls us to follow him through the death of the cross to the place of Resurrection.
- We trust in the Holy Spirit who prompts liberty, beauty, truth , love, and joy against the waywardness of human nature.
- We are committed to using the Bible in a way that takes account of all truth, revealed and discovered, and relates it to the real experiences, both good and bad, that people have of life.
- We are committed to an inclusiveness that is open, accepting, supportive, and enabling for all persons who would participate in the life of the Church, the community, and the world; and which denies every semblance of discrimination.
- We are committed to the Kingdom of God as both a present and future reality, and to making valid connections between what we profess and the way in which we live and work.
- We draw inspiration from the founder of the Methodist movement, John Wesley, who required that we look both at the resource we create and possess, and the way it can be shared.
- We are committed to taking all people seriously wherever they might be at their particular point of understanding, while at the same time sharing with them whatever insights may have been gained by our relationship with God.
- We acknowledge the destructive power of human sinfulness, and we welcome gratefully the forgiveness that God offers to those who are prepared to turn to the truth.
- We are committed to identifying and affirming what is good and identifying and opposing what is evil, and living as best we can in the mess in the middle.
Want to worship with us?
8:45: Contemporary worship in the Christian Life Center
10:45: Traditional worship in our newly renovated sanctuary